Chapter 9


Jon did hurry to the bedroom, but after that, he took his time, loving Valerie slowly and thoroughly. They fell into a sated sleep, and were awakened by the phone. Valerie’s hand snaked out to the nightstand, and snapped up the cordless receiver. “Hello?” she said.

“Val? It’s Kallie.” Valerie sat up straight in bed, jostling Jon.

“What’s up K? You caught me snoozing.” Jon started tickling her side, and Valerie slapped at his hand.

“I just wanted to check on you, kiddo,” she said. “You looked like warmed-over, two-day-old monkey shit when you left here yesterday.”

“Gee thanks,” Valerie teased, laughing. “Remind me to call on you next time I need a pep talk.”

Kallie laughed. “You know I say that with love.”

“Yeah, I know,” Valerie giggled. Jon was tickling her again, and Valerie turned to give him her very best glare. Jon just stuck his tongue out at her and continued doing what he pleased. She put her hand over the receiver. “Stop it,” she mouthed to him.

“Make me,” he said softly.

Valerie got out of bed, and stuck her tongue out at Jon, who was pouting. He sat up and made to get out of bed, and she pointed at him, like a recalcitrant child. He stayed where he was, and gave her his very best angry stare. Valerie realized Kallie was still talking. “What’d you say? I was shifting the phone to the other ear.”

Kallie sighed. “I said, have you made any plans for the weekend?”

Valerie stood stone still. “Nothing definite, why?”

“I was thinking,” Kallie said. “Maybe I’ll come out and join you. You know, help you through your weekend.”

Valerie was shocked. This was not what she expected. “You know, K, I’d love to see you.” Jon perked up at that, an eyebrow winged up. Valerie shook her head and put up a finger. “But, I think I need this ‘me’ time. I’m feeling better just being here alone.” Jon put his hands to his heart like he’d been shot, and fell back on the bed dramatically, and it was all Valerie could do to not burst out laughing at him.

“If you’re sure,” Kallie said.

“It’s not that I don’t want to see you,” Valerie said, trying to hurry off the phone before she lost it, “but I’m doing OK. I’m going to go for a walk on the beach and see where the day takes me.”

“Alright,” Kallie said. “I’ll leave you be. Just know that you can call me anytime, and if you need me to, I’ll zip out there as fast as I can.”

“I know you will, sweetie; you’re a good friend.”

“Hell no,” Kallie said, “I’m a great friend.”

“You are at that,” Valerie said. “I’ll talk to you later, OK?”

“OK, Val. Love you.”

“Love you too, Kallie. ‘Bye.”

“Bye.”

Valerie hung up the phone, and looked at Jon, who looked quite pleased with himself. “What the hell were you doing?” There was no anger in her voice, just puzzlement.

“What do you mean darlin’?” he said, rising from the bed this time and crossing to her.

“What do I – ?” Jon had taken her in his arms, and was nibbling on her neck. He just couldn’t get enough of her. Valerie sighed, and pushed back to look at him. “What I mean is I was trying to not let my friend know I bedded someone last night, my first night here mind you, and you were doing your damnedest to get us caught!”

Jon looked at her. “Are you ashamed?” The clouds were descending over his eyes again, and Valerie panicked.

“NO! No, of course not. Are you kidding? She’d give her left eye to be where I am right now.” Jon smiled at that. “That’s not the point, and you know it.” She hugged him close. “I’m just not ready to share you with her yet.”

‘You don’t have to worry, pirate girls don’t do anything for me.” His tone was so serious that Valerie had to pull back and look at him again. She saw the twinkle in his eye, and smacked him on the ass.

“Brat,” she said.

“You know it,” he answered.

Both their stomachs rumbled. It was well after noon, and they hadn’t eaten anything yet. “I’m going to take a quick shower,” Valerie said.

“I’ll join you,” Jon answered. At Valerie’s expression, Jon laughed. “No, not yet. I need refueling. Later, for sure.”

Valerie blushed prettily, and led a two-person naked parade to the bathroom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe...that was a sweet & very funny chapter! I LOL when Jon played like he was shot thru the heart! No pun intended! LOL!!

Starr said...

I agree with jonsbambi. A very sweet and hilarious chapter. You had me laughting with Jon's antics as she was on the phone. It seemed as if it were real as I could imagine Jon behaving that way!

Great writing, Hathor and thanks for sharing!

beachloverjovi said...

two-person naked parade! Where do find these words-you are so imaginative! Absolutely love the story. The beach is my favorite place in the whole world-it could only get beeter by finding Jon there. Thanks Goddess-Terrific story. I am recommending it to all my friends.

Bonnie

Opester said...

Aaaaawww, that was really cute! I doubt I could keep such an amazing encounter a secret from a good friend, but more power to her! And I like a playful Jon!